Monday, October 2, 2017

DrHauschka Rose Day Cream Review



Hello Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕

Dr.Hauschka Rose Day Cream Review

How are you guys doing? Hope you are all well?

Today I will be reviewing one product from the brand that pretty much has started it all - and I think we will all agree that DrHauschka is a pioneer in green beauty long before it was cool and popular. It is a hereditary brand that gets much of my respect - there are not many green beauty brands that can claim they have been started in 1935 after all! I love the company's ethos and ingredients they use. The brand has been written about time and time again, everyone and their mother knows it, so I feel I can safely skip the introduction part to it and jump to the product review. May I? I feel everyone who is starting with the all things natural, starts with this brand. Thankfully it is widely available everywhere, in the health shops and online - in Love Lula, Amazon, Big Green Smile, Ethical Superstore, The Natural Collection & more.

The official blurb says it is a rich, luxurious daily moisturizer. Soothing rose ingredients nurture and renew sensitive, dry and weather-damaged skin. Protects skin against dryness and soothes red, irritated skin - I have to agree with all of it!

Key benefits:
  • Protects the delicate outer layer of the skin against dryness and irritation
  • Avocado oil with extracts of rose petal and rose hip soothe and renew red, irritated, sensitive skin
  • Seals in moisture to help prevent dryness
  • 30 rose petals go into each tube of Rose Day Cream
  • Used as directed, Rose Day Cream lasts approximately 3 months
  •  
Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Sucrose Distearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Limonene*, Citral*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Eugenol*, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Lanolin, Lecithin *Component of natural essential oils.

A sign of a well loved product, ha! DrHauschka Rose Day Cream

My thoughts & verdict:
I love this product! Even though I knew about if for years, I held off from buying as I always saw it as overpriced - and at around 30€ per 30ml it is indeed not cheap. But having said all that, this year I've come to change my mind when it comes to the pricing of the products - if it suits me, it is indeed well worth it's price. Up until last year or so I was on a self inflicted mission to find the cheapest but still good products in every category - but I was doomed to fail at this on so many different levels - my uber sensitive skin wouldn't tolerate soooo many products I've lost count, many cheaper products have less-than-desirable ingredients in them (alcohol as one of the first ingredients, anyone?) or they are simply not available to me (finding a good product in TKMaxx and never being able to find it ever since, anyone?) or the crippling custom fees from buying from outside EU?
So I decided not to be so much of a perfectionist and not to sweat small stuff too much and sort of end my search for the cheapest products, after all I've got only one face that I should cherish rather than abuse, and nobody is paying me to test all these products after all! So yes, my moisturiser costs a bit more now, but so what? It is well worth it. If it suits me, the most sensitive skin gal, it is most likely to suit you as well - I highly recommend picking up a sample if you haven't already try it, and if you did, I want to know your thoughts on it! It made my skin happy, supple, well nourished, and all the irritations I have from time to time were vanished for the whole time I used it, and everybody commented on how good my skin looked. My skin is dry, so the greasiness from the cream didn't bother me one bit, I would say my skin lapped it up! This time around I got the light version, but in my eyes it is still a rich, almost greasy type of cream, not light at all - don't expect it to be thin lotion kind of product. I would say you would like it if your skin is dry to normal, even combo to some extent, but if you have greasy skin, this product is not for you I am afraid. Nor it is suitable for my vegan friends, I am sorry. And if you have severe peanut allergy, please stay clear of it - the second ingredient in it is peanut oil, which surprised me, but as I don't have allergy to it, I am fine with it. I have to say the cream lasted me a month, even though I was very careful of not using it too much, only a pea sized amount - at first I used it both morning and night, but after seeing it going at a lighting speed, I only used it in the morning. So I am not sure about the three month thing. As you can see from the photo above, I scraped every last bit of it and want more, like ASAP! I have tried some fabulous green beauty creams after this (I had a few waiting to be tried, I only use one thing of each category at a time) but nothing lived up to it, so I think I found my perfect product! Already repurchased, see my last Instagram post 💕


Have you tried this or any other DrHauschka product? How you like them? What do you think I should try next from this brand?




Please subscribe and share my posts on social media, it really helps to get the green beauty word out - and you will forever have my gratitude!

Follow me on my new blog Greenlifeindublin.com,  Bloglovin, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube. (someday I will start making YouTube videos, promise!)


See you here again shortly. Ta ta for now :)


Lots of Love,
Renata.



Want to check out my skincare reviews? Click here. Interested in make up reviews? Click here. All my body care and hair care reviews live in this post. Diy inclined? Even if not, you might enjoy my super-simple-minimal-ingredients-DIYs here. You are welcome.

*You can't use any of my content, text or pictures, without my permission first.





No comments:

Post a Comment