Monday, October 16, 2017

Love Lula Beauty Box October 2017



Hello Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕

green life in dublin
Love Lula beauty box October 217

How are all of you? Are you enjoying this Indian summer, aka this warm and sunny Autumn? I know I am! Not a fan of Autumn at all, but with the weather this nice and the leaves all red and golden, I must admit this is rather lovely. Until today, when hurricane Ophelia is supposed to hit Dublin, yikes!


Back to the Love Lula Beauty Box! This month a miracle happened, I received my box early, and that never happens bearing in mind I am outside UK. So I did a happy dance, and when I opened a box, I did a happy dance once more - it is amazing!
I now have had the box for about a week, so I am able to give my first impressions of the items as well, as I have had a chance to try everything already. 


Shall we start?


Green Life In Dublin
 swatch of Phb eye shadow in Almond

PHB eye shadow in Almond & eye shadow brush


PHB Eye Shadow In Almond

& Eye Shadow Brush

Any box containing make up is my instant favourite, and in this box you get two make up items - an eye shadow and a brush! I got Almond, and the brush doesn't have a number, it just says "PHB eye shadow brush" on it. I am grateful for a chance to try more from PHB, as this brand is calling my name - I have had a couple of items here and there, and I will round them up for a review sometime. I am not sure if everyone is getting the same shade, but I am well pleased with mine - it doubles as a highlight as well! And it lasted well, the few times I wore it, and bear in mind I use no primers. You can use it dry or wet. It's 100% natural, vegan, halal, gluten and cruelty free. Can we get yay? PHB is a family owned business that gives 20% of the profits to charity. Can we get double yay?


Ingredients of the eye shadow:

Mica, Iron Oxides, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylic Triglyceride, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Organic Jojoba), Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxide.


The brush is synthetic bristles yet very soft. It's cut at a slight angle, and I find it good for both patting the colour on and blending - which is rare for me to like a eye brush. I am very picky about them! So if it gets my seal of approval, it's good.

The eye shadow retails for £9.95 and the brush for £7.95, so with these two items alone you are getting value for money, way more than you pay for, and everything else is an added bonus!


Balm Balm Frankincense Hydrosol


I am very pleased to get this, as it was on my wishlist, I intended to buy this anyway! It is a by-product from steam distillation of Frankincense essential oil, which is one of my favourite essential oils. The description says it keeps your skin feeling happy, healthy and is soothing and cooling. We will see about it! As I already mentioned in Shop My Stash post, I am upping my misting game now that the temperatures are dropping, and as I am going through my mists at double the speed, I well appreciate this Hydrosol being included in this month's box. The only thing is I am not keen on the smell, so I actually mixed it with Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator, which I found too sweet smelling on it's s own, so the result is something very decent and I enjoy using it. I have used it every day for about a week and I can say that it definitely calms my inflamed skin and it is also moisturising.




Green Life In Dublin
Greenfrog Botanic Soapberry Bodywash
Greenfrog Botanic Bodywash in Geranium & Peppermint

I am familiar with this brand, I used and reviewed their products about a year or so ago (post here if you want to check it out?). The company use soap berries and organic aloe vera to create shower gels and hand soaps, with a few different scents using different essential oils. As this deluxe sample is scented with geranium and peppermint, I will pass this to my family members to use, I am not a fan of anything peppermint when it comes to my skincare/body care. But I enjoyed other scents from them, like Neroli & Lime, and as it is really pure, I feel comfortable using it on my kids.
 

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Potassium Cocoate, Lauryl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit Extract*, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Powder*, Parfum (Fragrance) : Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Mentha Arvensis (Peppermint) oil, Levulinic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid. Citronellol**, Geraniol**, Hexyl Cinnamal**, Linalool**. *Certified Organic Ingredient **Naturally occurring within essential oils. 0% Paraben 0% SLS, ALS 0% Phenoxyethanol 



Ooh! Oils of Heaven Tamanu Oil

Ooh! Oils are debuting their new addition to their line of single pure oils, tamanu oil. This is one of my favourite oils, as I am well familiar with it's soothing and healing properties. It is green in colour, meaning it is pure and unadulterated and it has a nutty smell to it, which I like. Tamanu oil is rich in Omegas 6 and 9, and it makes a great facial oil as it's easily absorbed into the skin without clogging pores. I just have to make sure to make sure to use it constantly, as I have more facial oils than I am willing to admit to, and I want to use all of them!


The total value of this box is £40, so it is well worth the price you pay if you ask me. And let's not forget you also get 20% off the brands featured in this box until the end of this month too!

Also, one tip if you don't want to commit to subscribing - keep an eye out for previous month's boxes, as Love Lula started selling the remaining ones at a very good price.


green life in dublin
Love Lula Beauty Box 2017


     
           You can subscribe to Love Lula box here.

              Or shop LoveLula website here.



They ship worldwide, and at the price is 13.95£ is is one of the best value boxes around! I mean you constantly get two or more full size products each month, and the sample sizes are always deluxe samples, allowing you to get a good feel of the product. And let's not forget, you get 20% off of the brands featured each month too! 13.95£ is a monthly recurring price for UK and for us international gals there are two options of three months (52.50£) or a year (210£) including post and packaging. Green beauty boxes are a great way to discover new items you might have missed otherwise, and I love that anything coming from LoveLula is cruelty free and guaranteed not to have any toxic ingredients - they have very strict criteria for any product (and brands) they accept, and that is taking the guesswork off your shoulders.Great or what? You don't have to do endless hours of research all by yourself and get more time to do what you actually enjoy, be it spending time with your family, running in the park or shopping, whatever it might be.

 What beauty boxes are you guys subscribed to? What is your favourite products discovered this way? Please share, I really want to know. Have a great weekend everybody!


P.s. Please make my day and like and share this or any of my blog posts on social media. Thank You!


Follow me on my new blog Greenlifeindublin.comInstagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube.



That is it for today, see you here again very shortly. 

Lots of Love,
Renata.

Green Life In Dublin
 Love Lula related posts You might enjoy:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
   

Enjoy my content? Any contribution to my PayPal Tip Jar -  will get You my eternal gratitude and more awesome green beauty reviews Your way! I weed out all the greenwashing products so You won't have to :)

2 comments: