Thursday, August 17, 2017

Dudu Osun Black Soap Review




Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕

Duru Osun Black African Soap

 Today I wanted to share one of my favourites natural products with you, the one that slips away when it comes to review it (no pun intended). This product is one of those products that I used for well over a year before reviewing it. A year is a sufficient time to test the product, would you agree?

I first heard about black african soap when I researched all truly natural products that wouldn't irritate my dermatitis affected skin, and after looking at all natural ingredients and watching a few YouTube videos where people praised it for clearing acne prone skin (even bad cases of it), I knew I wanted it and I wanted it now! 

Luckily this beauty is widely available via health shops and online, Amazon carries it, so wherever you happen to live, it is available to you.

Now, let's look into the product, shall we?
Dudu-Osun the Original Black Soap is still produced the old traditional way. Dudu-Osun (Black Soap) consists of naturally occurring skin care ingredients that African ancestors already knew about and used. Dudu-Osun cleanses, nourishes, protects and refreshes your skin. It contains no artificial dyes and is completely biodegradable. Natural Ingredients in the Black Soap include Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Pure Honey, Palm Kernel Oil, Camwood (African Sandalwood), Citrus Extract, Glycerine and Ashes from Cocoa Pods which give the soap its unique black colour.
This high quality natural soap is still produced in the traditional way - regional small farmers in Nigeria use palm kernel oil, which is boiled with ash (from burnt palm leaves and cocoa beans) - with modern technology to traditional recipes. The other ingredients are added after the saponification process, and thus retain their quality. The characteristic color receives the compressed natural soap by its ash content. The high-quality, cold-pressed Shea butter, which is traditionally made from the fruit seeds of the sacred applicable Shea tree (shea tree), gives black soap the nourishing and moisturizing properties.

Dudu Osun African Black Soap Review

 
I must say I really love that is is all natural with minimal ingredients, and the fact that it comes in cardboard box with no plastic wrapping around the soap is a winner with me, as it means it is a waste free product. I find it is non drying soap that suds up very nicely, easy to use and it lasts a long time too. Can be used for shaving too. I really love it and have repurchased it a few times in this year alone. As it is in a bar form, it means it is convenient for travels, and it is exactly what I take if we are going away somewhere. I don't want to lug shower gels (which my family love) when I travel, but after some initial murmurs they use it happily. Dark colour took some getting used to, I don't mind it personally, but my family did, at first. After seeing how good the soap actually is, no one bats an eyelid about it anymore. Some other natural soaps we had were too drying, did not lather or were gone in a matter of a couple of weeks if not days - Dudu Osun is none of those things. As it contains honey, I am afraid it is not for my vegan friends, but I happen to love honey in my products. (It is one of my favourite ingredients in fact). The fragrance free version comes in a white box, but you will still get a black soap inside. It definitely smells more natural than the classic perfumed one, but let me tell you this - I am uber sensitive to everything, and it gave me no trouble whatsoever. Both soaps have ph of 8. As you can see in the photo below, I am testing with ph strips, not a device. Let's look at the ingredients, shall we?

Dudu-Osun African Black Soap:

Palm Kernel Oil, Ashes of Burned Cocoa Bean Pods, Water, Natural Glycerine, Shea Butter, Perfume, Honey, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, African Sandalwood(Camwood), Whole Leaf Extract of Aloe Vera.


Dudu-Osun Fragrance Free Black Soap:

Palm Kernel Oil, Ashes of Burned Cocoa Bean Pods, Water, Natural Glycerine, Shea Butter, Honey, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, African Sandalwood(Camwood), Whole Leaf Extract of Aloe Vera.

African Black Soap


As you can see, it has minimal ingredients, all natural, apart questionable "perfume" in the regular soap. I have contacted the brand about it, as well as inquiring about their cruelty free status, and a couple of days later, they are yet to get back to me. I will update this blog post as soon as I will hear back from them.  Having in mind I see only plant based ingredients in products (apart from honey) I am assuming they are cruelty free, but I still want to confirm with them. *Update few days later - the brand didn't get back to me, but the EU distributors did, and their reply was that the perfume in the classic soap is Bio Certified.
If I were to find faults with this product, I would point out the palm oil in it, it is a huge global problem, but it is not an easy one to solve, as many and many families rely on it for their livelihood. So it is up to you to decide if you are ok with it or not? 

So, what are my final thoughts on it? I am not super happy about palm oil in it, not going to lie, but I am happy with it as far as the product's performance goes, it is really great. Plastic and thus waste free, made from all natural materials in a traditional way, it lathers well, can be used for the whole family,for all skin types too, especially for those prone to eczema and acne, lasts a long time, is travel friendly, can be used as a shaving agent too - what's not to love? I know I will be back for more.

Have you tried this black soap? What are your thoughts on it? Please share with me, I would love to know!

P.s. Please make my day and like and share this or any of my blog posts on social media. Thank You!

Follow me on my new blog Greenlifeindublin.comInstagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube. (someday I will start making YouTube videos, promise!)



That is all for now,
Lots of Love 💕
Renata.






Related posts You might enjoy:
.
.
Lots more in this FB album here


Lots of Love,Renata.






No comments:

Post a Comment