Monday, January 30, 2017

DiY Umami Dip (Or Marinade) GF DF

Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•








As I published my intended post already (see my last post, "My Skincare Routine") so I have to come up with something quick, and quick and tasty it is! 
Haha, I probably should explain myself a bit more here, not losing my focus on green beauty, I plan to expand my blog a bit more and include some other type of posts, like quick and easy recipes (GF DF and mostly healthy too), outfits of the day, book reviews and stuff like that, what do you guys think of it? Would you like to see posts like that?

So today's post is a easy peasy recipe of something that definitely can be used as a dip or marinate or stir fry sauce, it will take you oooh, like 30 seconds to make and it definitely has that umami feel to it, it is bursting with goodness and flavour! I originaly came up with it by accident when making a dip for spring rolls, and started using it so much more ever since, I marinated salmon with it, I ate with rice and stir fried veggies, I used it in pad thai, I used it a thousand times as a dipping sauce, you get the idea. I do not claim it to be my original idea, as it contains only three ingredients, so I think someone is bound to be offended, but I swear I didn't copy it from anywhere, I just threw some ingredients when freestyling in the kitchen, something I do a lot, and the result was so good I thought it is worth sharing with you guys!

So without further ado, here's what you will need:

πŸ’• half a cup of tamari sauce (or soy sauce if you don't avoid gluten)
πŸ’• 0.25 cup of sweet chilli sauce
πŸ’•some chopped scallions (spring onions)
πŸ’• optional - water to thin it out if you are using it as a dip

It couldn't be easier - just mix all the ingredients in the bowl and ta-dah, you just made your own umami! This makes quite a lot, so store the leftovers in the fridge and use within a week.

And fiy - I don't plan to turn into a food blogger at all, in fact I think I would suck at it, as the dishes would have to be prepared at noon to get the best possible light for shooting them, and my east facing apartament is dark at the best of times. Secondly, when I prepare food, all I want is to eat it RIGHT NOW instead of style and take photos of it πŸ˜‹ My family would attest I like my food pipping hot and straight when it's done, so styling and photographing it for hours in the end would be a torture for me. Respect for all the food bloggers out there.

P.S Want to know how to make super loaded sauerkraut, aka home made probiotics? Click here.


That is all for now,
Lots of Love,
Renata.

No comments:

Post a Comment