Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Amazing Baobab And It's Benefits


Hi Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕





How is your new year going? Are you detoxing, hitting the gym hard and doing a cleanse? More power to you! Or maybe you are like me who is working on my winter body eating all the cookies in the house? One way or another, I've got the perfect thing for you! It's organic baobab powder and it is a new superfood on the block, full of antioxidants, fibre and and it is very high in natural form of vitamin C, which is what interests me the most. Did you know that man made vitamins are absorbed at only 10%- 20% rate by your body? Where does the rest of it go? Well your poor liver has to work extra hard to get rid of it! You might not think of your liver much right now, or even what vitamins you are poping into your mouth (and believe me, I used to be that girl thinking that all vitamins must be the same and going for the cheapest option) but believe me, you can live until your 30s like me and then get the bombshell that your liver is waay compromised and can only do it's job at a very low capacity, meaning my body's way of finding a way to get rid of the toxins via my skin, aka me getting my dermatitis! Don't want that to happen to you? Take my advice and switch to clean natural (preferably organic if your budget can allow it) vitamins and minerals. There are plenty of good quality ones out there! Food based vitamins, or superfoods? Even better, because it means your body will recognise it as a natural thing and will absorb it fully. That is where baobab powder comes in. We all need vitamin C to function properly and even more of it during winter and when we are sick, and may I say we need it in much higher doses than your recommended daily allowance? What I didn't know and many people still don't, that recommended daily allowance is not designed for us to function at our best and optimum level, it is absolute minimum that we need as not to get so many horrible diseases. Don't believe me? Just google "Optimum Nutrition Patrick Holford" and your life will be changed forever. You can take me later. Better still, you can read his book named the same, Optimum Nutrition. Even though he suggests man made vitamins and believes they work just as good, thankfully we can make our own choices. And I much prefer to get my vitamins and minerals in purest natural state if I can get it. And that is why I love baobab powder so much. It is amazing in my eyes and I am so happy it came into my life! Take it if you want to be healthy and function at the optimum level as opposed to just existing. If you are someone with no immune system and get sick eight times during winter, make this your best friend and soon you will notice a difference! Give it to your kids too, and if they won't take it (my four year old is fussy like that) hide it in their smoothie or tea (adding some honey to sweeten it up) and they will drink it for sure without even knowing. All mums have some tricks like that up their sleeve. I personally love the slightly tart fresh taste of it, I mix it with some water or fresh juice and get it down in the mornings. Always try to get the powder in raw form too, because heating destroys those precious nutrients we are after, and that is the reason I don't recommend cooking or baking with it. Well, sure I say go ahead and sprinkle it on your morning porridge or add it to your raw super balls (you know, nuts, seeds and date mix blended and shaped into balls) but I wouldn't add it to your brownie mix or anything that requires baking.

Fun fact : did you know that baobab fruit is the only fruit in the world to dry up naturally while still up on the tree? Want to know more nutritional facts about it? This powdery fruit provides up to six times more vitamin C than oranges, more antioxidants than blueberries, more potassium than that in bananas and twice the amount of calcium you get from downing a glass of milk. This tasty and nutritious powder has a delightful citrusy and tangy flavour while it is also a powerhouse of minerals including iron and magnesium. It also has a high fibre content, and as if that wasn’t enough, it's rich in prebiotic complexes that will leave your gut healthy and your body free of harmful bacteria.Vitamin C, plus calcium plus prebiotics to keep your gut healthy? Well, that is music to my ears!

Fun fact two: baobab's fibre is used to make cloths, ropes, matts and even shelter. All that and it has medicinal uses too! Truly the tree of life!




Are you on board yet?



Check it out at Love Lula






That is all for now,

Lots of Love,

Renata.

No comments:

Post a Comment