Monday, September 26, 2016

Living Nature Soft Lights Illuminating Foundation Review

Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕


Living Nature Soft Lights Illuminating Foundation

Living Nature is a brand from New Zealand that is on my radar for a few years now, and I kept seeing it everywhere ever since. Founded in 1987 they're committed to using only natural ingredients and if there are doubts about the safety of any ingredient, they don't use it. They also seem to collect natural beauty awards one after another year in year out, and that's how you know you are onto a good product! In their range they have several lines of face products (not to mention other beautiful products like cleansers, masks, serums, etc, they make all sorts of natural goodies) Needless to say I want to try everything they make, so when I was offered a chance to try something from the line, my response was YES PLEASE! I got Soft Lights Illuminating Foundation * (30ml RRP £29.50) in the shade Dawn Glow.  And does it glow? Yes, it does. Look at that shimmer! Remember when I wanted to steal my daughter's Lily Lolo BB cream? Well, she can breathe a sigh of relief, because I like this so much better, it is more sophisticated version of a BB creams - and my new love.

In my humble opinion I would not call it a foundation as it has very little coverage, to me it is more than BB cream or a tinted moisturizer, but even so, I have to declare my love for it, I like it very much! We all know I like a dewy finish, and if you are like me, this might be your perfect product - the skin looks luminous, you know, lit-from-the-within kind of glow, truly gorgeous!  The shade that I got is ever so slightly too dark for me (just a touch, I can wear it on it's own, as long as I remember to blend it down my neck too). It is so luminous that you can use it as a shimmering bronzing liquid if you get it in the darker shade, or try mixing it with other foundations. I have tried mixing it with my 100%Pure in White Peach, which on it's own is too light for me, and the result is truly magical. Coverage from one and luminosity from another. Perfection. So here's a little tip for you - don't be afraid of playing mixologist if the products on their own are not quite right for you - you can create something that might work perfectly for you!


Living Nature Soft Lights Illuminating Foundation review


Zero retouching on the photo, and you can still see the gorgeous dewy shimmer 

Now, back to the Living Nature foundation. It wears beautifully throughout the day, never clings to any dry patches, nor it accentuates large pores (and I would know) and it does not settle into weird patches on the skin like some other foundations tend to do for me. It is also very moisturising and it doesn't need a primer at all, this beauty is perfectly holding up on it's own. Yay or what?

One of my only problems is that the top of the bottle is as pictured - there is no lid and although it can be locked to prevent spills the opening stores the last bit of product used which then turns hard and comes out the next time you use it. It's not a major issue but just one that irritates me ever so slightly.

Let's look at the ingredients, shall we?
INGREDIENTS/INCI: Aqua (water), Jojoba esters, Macadamia ternifolia seed oil (macadamia oil), Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil**, Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Persea gratissima oil (avocado oil), Glycerin (vegetable glycerin)**, Cetearyl wheatstraw glycosides (&) cetearyl alcohol (wheat straw extract), Zinc oxide (CI 77947), Butyrospermum parkii butter (shea butter)**, Mel (manuka honey), Iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Citrus grandis seed extract (grapefruit seed extract), Sclerotium gum, Stearic acid, Cetyl alcohol, Talc (CI 77718), Pelargonium graveolens oil (geranium oil)*, Leptospermum scoparium oil (manuka oil), Melaleuca alternifolia oil (tea tree oil), Tocopherol (vitamin E). *From natural essential oils: Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool. **Certified organic.

Do I like it?
I really like this product.  Although I can't use it alone anymore, not really appropriate for Autumn day time (and I am getting paler by the day!) but it is just such a handy little bottle for adding a bit of glow to your everyday look and I think it would be gorgeous as a highlighting bronzer on paler skins. Will make sure to get it come next summer, in a shade lighter of course. I also like the ingredients - the manuka honey, manuka oil and tea tree all help me to feel confident that I'm not adding to any blemishes - and I definitely haven't noticed it causing any breakouts. It is also seems to be preserved with grapefruit seed extract, and I like it so much more than japanese honeysuckle, because japanese honeysuckle behaves like paraben in our bodies, and I worry that it would disrupt endocrine system. No such problems here. I've also still got about 2/3 of the bottle left after a few months use. Excellent. It also gave my super sensitive skin no issues whatsoever, no irritation, nuffink, and that's how you know you are onto a winner, it is tried and tested by super sensitive human bunny - me!

Do I recommend it?
I would definitely recommend this item and I'm looking for what to try next.  If you're all about the glow without the sparkle, then this is one to check out.  The mica used to create the shimmer looks like it's the same one used in the RMS Living Luminzer, so if you like it you might like this too! :) If you prefer matte finish on your skin, this is not the product for you I am afraid.

You can find Living Nature on Amazon - one of my fave online stores. Also be sure to check their stockist list on their website - or ask them on their social media. 


Have you tried anything from Living Nature before?  What else would you recommend?
Let me know down below :)



That is all for now,
Lots of Love,
Renata.
.
.
.
.
.
This product was sent to me for a review. This does not affect my thoughts on it, you guys know I don't hold back, so if I really like the product, that means I really like the product, simple as that. Thanks for being eagle eyed and reading the small print.

No comments:

Post a Comment