Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Radical Beauty Review - Books Corner



Hi Lovelies,




Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕

 
green life in dublin
Radical Beauty Review


*Please note Blogger uses cookies. I have to let you know about this.

Let me introduce new segment to my blog, the Book Corner. Let's start with a review of Radical Beauty, a book written by Deepak Chopra and Kimberly Snyder. I wanted it as soon as it came out! Who doesn't want to pick brain of grand Deepak Chopra and Kimberly Snyder, right? It is whooping 341 pages and it is packed with all kinds of useful information on how to take care of your body, mind and soul for a happy and healthy you. 

After the introduction, it is divided into six Pillars, and each one talks about different aspects, starting with Pillar one, on the internal nourishment, on the right kind of foods to eat, how to let go of your preconceived notions about food, and feeling a connection to your food. Every word you read rings true and it kind of makes me sad to think how far we have come to disconnect from real food, and how big industries are putting profits before people's health. All is not lost though, they give you tools to take power back to your hands.

Pillar two is all about External Nourishment, and I loved it (no wonder) so much! It talks about the natural products and how to incorporate natural skin care ingredients and products, about practices to nourish your skin from the outside in. In this section the authors address the specific skin issues and give tips on how you can have healthy skin, nails and hair.
I took tip from this section to switch my usual coconut oil to "warming" oil in winter. They recommend sesame oil the most, and they also claim that the good quality, cold pressed sesame oil does not smell like your Indian Takeway joint. I hate the smell of sesame oil, but I took a chance and a leap of faith to order a good  quality sesame oil from Love Lula, and I will try my best to practice abhyanga for a month to see what differences it will bring. Abhyanga is Ayurvedic practice, where one applies oil all over body daily, including the soles of your feet, prior the shower or exercise to lock in and deepen the nourishment, and it apparently works not only on the skin level, but reaches and lubricates the joints and your internal organs too.

Pillar three talks about peak beauty sleep and it's importance, it helps you to understand sleep-beauty-wellness connections and gives you tools to tune into your body's natural rhythms, as well as tips to establish healthy sleep routines.

Pillar four is all about primal beauty, about the harnessing beauty of the seasons and nature's rhythms,  balance solar and lunar energy and all the earth elements.

Pillar five is about beautiful movements, yes, you guess that's right, it is all about sport, yoga, correct breathing and moving your body every day. Find what works for you and stick with it.

Pillar six is on spiritual beauty - as we all know it is all connected, your physical body, mind and spirit do not exist separately, so you will be interested in learning about first signs of awakening and your spiritual path.

In the appendix of this book you will find several Radical Beauty recipes, like glowing green smoothie, Kimberly's famous kale salad, which I love, as well as several other salad, soups, entrees and desserts made with nourishing ingredients. I wrote all of them down!

All in all I really recommend this book - I really enjoyed reading it, and re-reading it. It will give you a wealth of useful information if you are just starting out in the all things natural. And even if you are advanced in it, you will still find things that are new and interesting. Like me, I immediately went on to order cold-pressed sesame oil for my abhyanga practice, as it turns out I've been doing it all wrong with coconut oil in winter, and I took a leap of faith when I read that cold pressed sesame oil does not smell like Indian take away joint. 

I highly recommend this book to anyone, as I found it really informative and useful, and I believe so will you :) And besides, who does not want to pick brain of Deepak Chopra and Kimberly Snyder??

You can get this book from Amazon or Book Depository, my favourite online book store and other places. If you want to, click the picture below.


green life in dublin
Radical Beauty by Deepak Chopra and Kimberly Snyder

That is all for today. Have you read this book and what are your thoughts on it? Are you interested?

FOLLOW ME ON

  BLOGLOVININSTAGRAMTWITTER,

 PINTEREST,

 FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE. 





Lots of Love,
Renata.

green life in dublin
Green Life In Dublin, a green beauty and lifestyle blog

 http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=GreenLifeInDublin

Enjoy my content? Any contribution to my PayPal Tip Jar -  will get You my eternal gratitude and more awesome green beauty reviews Your way! I weed out all the greenwashing products so You won't have to :)




No comments:

Post a Comment