Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy New Year and Bare Minerals and Bellapierre reviews




Happy New Year and Happy New Purchases

Hello, how it is going everybody? Hope you all are having a great 2015 so far! What are your new year resolutions? And have you abandoned them already? :) I didn't make any this year because I never keep them, but one thing I want to do is to transition my family to more vegetarian/vegan diet, just wish I wouldn't be met with so much resistance.. My hubby always tells me the meat is the best vegetable :( Having watched a few movies about food which force you to think, I feel we would all benefit eating no or meat and dairy, because the way these are farmed is horrendous and gives you so many diseases, including cancer. This is one of my favourite topics and I can talk about it for hours, but don't want to start my new year's post on such a heavy notes, so all I will say please watch "Fork over knives" and "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead".

On the lighter and more fun note, let's talk shopping! Mineral make up shopping to be exact, so if you are interested in natural make up, read on :) From the pictures above you can see my purchases, Bare Minerals and Bellapierre sets, both came from TKMaxx.It's beauty section is my new favourite shopping spot, and I would recommend it to anyone! The prices are so much cheaper than in the shops, the products are good, not expired or anything, I don't know how TKMaxx does it, but so glad they do it. All my favourite purchases came from them in the lat year as well, Melvita organic facial serum, Korres serum, Sibu sea buckthorn oil and mask, pur minerals lip gloss and blush, the list goes on! (there are a few cons, the colour palette isn't great, you get what you can find at that time and you're never guaranteed to find the same thing again). I am extremely pleased with these sets, and let me tell you more in detail about each product.

Bare Minerals set came with full size foundation, veil powder, concealer and all over face shimmer, plus two brushes, the concealer brush and flawless face brush. Concealer brush is rather good, packs just the right amount of products and it's easy to blend. The flawless face brush, not so much. it is itchy and scratchy, not good for anything in my mind, it is not dense enough to give you full coverage, and the shape is odd too, l much prefer kabuki brushes or Real Techniques expert face brush if l am after full coverage. I am sure some of you will love this brush, but having find out it is made of goats hair (wtf, BareMinerals? you promote natural and mineral make up, and some of your brushes are made from animal hair?) and the fact it is scratchy and sheds like crazy after two uses, it's a no-go.
The foundation is lovely, gives a good coverage if you use a dense brush, or light coverage if you use kabuki, covers redness, broken capillaries, dark circles and most of the blemishes. Concealer is my first mineral concealer, so I've nothing to compare it to yet, but I do sort of like it, just it does not fully cover my dark under eye circles.. lasts good amount of time though, and covers small imperfections on the face rather beautifully. I didn't see much of a point of a veil until I tried it, my thinking was - why cover powder with a powder? but it really does work, minimising pores and giving you that glow that everybody is after :) So glad it came in this set, because I would have never picked up otherwise. Oh, and the set was 27€!! Crazy, right? Foundation alone costs €42 in their outlets. What can I say? Go stalk your local TKMaxx now! :)

Bellapierre sets I was seeing in TKMaxx for a good while now, almost picked up once or twice, but told myself to research ingredients and reviews first (I always do that now, long gone are the days I bought something without researching it like crazy woman). What helped to make my mind up was finding these products on lovelula.com website (I love that website, and I know they do research company & products extensively before accepting them, and their standards are high!), so I thought to myself if it's good for them, it's good for me too :) I am on lookout for more products from them, can never find it now that I want it now, sod's law.. Anyways, back to the product - the set contains full size mineral blush, mini bronzer and a cream product for lips and cheeks, plus a kabuki brush. Very good value at €17, you wouldn't even get a brush in other shop for that amount of money, right? Speaking of a brush, this kabuki is beautiful, applies product sheer, so I use it for a bronzer or blush. Of course you can use it for a face too, but for my foundations I like dense brush to get more coverage. The lip and cheek stain is nice shade, works on so many skin tones, I love it for my cheeks, not so much for my lips though, as it is not creamy enough for my chapped lips, but if you happen to have beautiful soft pout, be my guest. Last all day, which is a good thing.
Blush has shimmer in it, and it is a gorgeous bronzy shade, which is perfect for me right now, as this effect I am after right now. for my pale skin it can be a bronzer too, I used it this way a couple of times. The actual bronzer in this set is far too light and shimmery to be taken seriously, so I use it as a highlighter or an eyeshadow. It is lighter in shade than a blush, how can it be a bronzer for god's sake? l had to have a double look as I was convinced it's a mix up. Anyways, all of these products are amazing nice minimal ingredients, nice colours, last all day, what more could you want? It's a yes from me :)

I really hope you found these reviews helpful, and I encourage you to try mineral make up if you haven't already, it is so much better for you. Tell me below if you own and love any products mentioned, I would love to hear from you! Thanks for reading and have a lovely day.

Best wishes,
Renata.

No comments:

Post a Comment