Tuesday, September 11, 2018

DIY Make Up Cleaner Spray



Hello Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕





Today I have a super simply DIY for you - a brushes cleansing spray for those in-between-washes days! Really really easy too - anyone who knows me knows I am all about simple DIYs, with ingredients you already own in your home what could be easier? Just two ingredients (three if you count the spray bottle) - all you need is rose water and tea tree oil! I love Alteya Organics one as it is really pure, and you can tell the difference just by smelling it. If you are on a tight budget, I got you too - just go to your local Asian shop and get food grade rosewater - that will cost you just a bit over two euro, and that's exactly what I used for so many years. If you don't want to or can't use rosewater, you can use any other floral water (try this Alteya Organics Chamomile water perhaps?) that is suitable for your skin. Or distilled water. Plain tap water is not suitable because it will go bad in a few days.
How to do it? Well, it is pretty self explanatory, but if you want me to be specific, here's how - fill 200ml bottle with rose water, add 10-20 drops of tea tree (also known as melaleuca) oil and voila, you are done! Tea tree oil is an antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral and many other good things that I won't go into details of, but in this instance it makes it perfect for a purpose of cleaning and disinfecting your make up brushes in between proper washes. I use this spray after every use and clean the brush on the paper towel, and properly wash all the brushes every week. After getting dermatitis (on my face, no less!) I am anal about not getting any bacteria on my brushes or make up for that matter. Why risk infections, right?

One word of caution before you start, please do a patch test to make sure you are not allergic to the tea tree oil, and obviously do not use it if you are indeed allergic! If you find the smell too offensive for your sensitive nose, reduce the quantity to 5 drops. I does smell rather strong. Or add lemon or orange essential oils to it, also the same quantity.
Remember to shake this very very well before each use - oils and water will separate. 

P.s. this doubles up as a refreshing room spray and a deodorant in a pinch (I know I used rose water all over in a sweltering heat in Greece in summer many  moons ago and found myself not needing a deodorant). This would not work for everyday life though. Just wanted to throw the thought out there to make your products work overtime for you :)
And there you have it, your own DIY make up rush cleanser spray! It only costs a few bucks to make and it works great. Now you can ditch those shop bought sprays and save yourself so much money! And spend it where it matters more, for example to buy more make up. Or skincare. Or a scarf. You get the idea :)










Please like and share my posts on social media, it really helps to get the green beauty word out - and you will forever have my gratitude!



Follow me on

 Facebook and YouTube. 




Lots of Love,
Renata.


Enjoy my content? I would appreciate any  tip into my PayPal Tip Jar - any donation will get You my eternal gratitude and more awesome green beauty reviews Your way. I weed out all the greenwashing products so You won't have to.


No comments:

Post a Comment