Tuesday, July 17, 2018

My Skincare Routine /// Natural & Organic



Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And welcome, if you are new here πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•


green life in dublin
Bella Aura products - save 15% with code "renata15"


How are all of you, I hope you are well?

As you can see from the title, today we are talking about my everyday skincare routine. I have done a post like this long long time ago, about a year and a half ago, and while my routine stayed on the minimal side, my products have completely changed. You see, having such a uber sensitive and dermatitis prone skin, I was having such a hard time finding the right products for me - we all know our skin changes after we hit that big 3-0 and for me it was followed by perioral dermatitis out of the blue (see my story here. I promised an update, and that is still in the works, can somebody come over and kick my booty so I could finally get round to it??). Long story short, I had to completely overhaul my routine and change all the products - if having sensitive and highly reactive skin wasn't bad enough, my dermatitis patch would flare up on contact with almost 90% of the products. Don't get me wrong, I love green beauty, of course I do, but I was having such a hard time finding my products, and was kind of growing tired of playing of this will-my-skin-react-or-not game. I finally had to admit to myself that my skin is too sensitive for most of what green beauty has to offer. Just when I thought I finally had reached that sweet spot of perfecting my skincare down to a T, I would suddenly get a reaction either to a new product or a new combination of existing products. SO NOT FUN. When I looked back to my old skincare routine post (see it here), it reminded me of those times. Don't get me wrong, products I talk about in that post are all great products, and I still think highly of them, but at the same time I am so glad I don't have to play that stumbling game of using a little bit of Earthwise Beauty here, a little of ISUN there, maybe I can add a little of NYR or DrHauschka there, oh, and I really want to add Mahalo into the mix, but will my skin be able to handle this concoction and that much of actives? 

Thankfully all of these problems were solved in one go - please step forward Bella Aura (review) created by fabulous boss babe Yasmine Jones. Let me tell you this straight - I didn't have high hopes for this line, and knowing the higher price point I kind of wanted not to like it deep down (don't ask), but it took only two days of trying the products to fall deeply head over heels in love with the line - and seeing my dermatitis patch heal on day three, sealed the deal even further. That's when I knew this is what I want to use for ever and ever from now on, even thought it is not a budget line. You see, you can't put a price tag on beauty, and having a clear skin is priceless. Just ask anyone with troubled skin! Having good skin day(s) gives you wings and this new found confidence, and that, my friends, is priceless. Besides, that would be money well spent, as I know this is the best line for me - no more guessing game if the product will work for me or not. I can forget about it, and just keep going on with my life. Fast forward six+ months, Bella Aura is still what I use, and it's all I want to use - and let me tell you, that's an amazing feeling! I simply know it will work brilliantly for me, and I am looking forward to my skincare time every single day. And no more dermatitis flare ups (unless I gluten myself unknowingly), how amazing is that? Any of you's who deal with dermatitis know the feeling, it makes you feel on top of the world, doesn't it? I have so much of love and respect for Bella Aura and the resilient and amazing woman behind it - and I want to shout from the rooftops about it.

So, let's see what my skincare routine is like these days?

Even though I am a green beauty blogger, I actually use very little products in my day to day life - mainly Bella Aura line, which takes care of my skincare needs, plus very few other additional products that I will tell you about in just a second.


AM Routine

In the morning I mist my face with either camomile or rose water by Alteya Organics (review) or some gentle toner and wipe my face clean (I don't wash my face in the mornings) to prepare it for Bella Aura Daily Repair Moisturizer (2 pumps) mixed with Antioxidant Booster (1 pump). I'll pat it onto my skin and move on to Instant Lift Eye Contour, which I try to half-pump to get just the right amount of product, and gently pat it into my under eyes. By the way, watch Yasmine's video on her IG page for some fabulous face massage techniques while you are doing your skincare - I sure learned a thing or two! Next goes on my sunscreen, all natural of course - at the moment (for the last four years actually) I am using Kimberly Sayer Ultra Light Organic Facial Moisturzer SPF30 or this new Madara Plant Stem Cell Age Protecting Sunscreen SPF30  this didn't work out for me, broke me out and was way too dark. It was replaced by W3LL People BioTint Multiaction Moisturizer SPF30 in Light and I haven't looked back since! And then my skin is ready to face the day.



green life in dublin
Skincare routine - natural and organic products

PM Routine

In the evening I wash my face with Bella Aura cleanser (of course), taking my eye make up with either organic coconut oil or jojoba oil, and then move on onto Bella Aura Night Cellular Renewal cream, mixed with Antioxidant Booster, followed by Instant Lifting Eye Contour. My skin is calm, happy and nourished, and I need nothing else for the most of the time. For the times I decide to pamper myself, I love a good mask, and the ones I love are Caffeine sheet masks by 100%Pure, which I dubbed Hannibal masks - I'll spare you the selfie of me wearing it, although I have it in my IG feed somewhere way down. I am not too happy about the plastic waste that comes with it, for this reason alone I rarely allow them for myself, but boy, they do make your skin red carpet ready. Another masks I love the most is manuka honey masks, to which I add some ingredients from my kitchen cabinets - talk about edible mask, right? See my post here and you will be glad you did :) I worked hard to bring you 12 different recipes, so you will definitely find a variation to suit your skin. I will also reveal the trick how I get my manuka honey for much cheaper. If you want to see a post on my full mask collection, please do let me know and I'll be happy to do that for you. For the times when my skin needs something more moisturizing (think cold weather and/or freezing wind) I add a drop or two of facial oil or a balm on top. 
I am very light handed with exfoliation, it is taken care of by using a Konjac sponge with my Bella Aura cleanser for every day, and I will use a specific product in a form of l'OdaΓ―tΓ¨s PΓ©pite de la Palmeraie - Gentle Polyphenol Exfoliator once a week. My super sensitive skin thanks me for this super streamlined routine. That's it! Yasmine has done a brilliant job with this line, and I really respect and appreciate all the hard work that went into it. If you want to know more about the beautiful natural ingredients she uses in her emulsions, please see my blog review, I have loads of information there.

 I am definitely not one of those beauty bloggers/vloggers who pile on everything they have on the skin - maybe it works for some people, but not for me. I am telling you, you need way less products than you think you do, and what's best, your skin will thank you for it too.



*Update from 2020 on why I no longer choose to support Bella Aura brand - while I still think products are fantastic, I also have to say I am ghosted and probably dropped as an ambassador. I still love the products & I will try to repurchase them with my own money when I am in better financial position. At the moment the story is that my DMs and emails go unanswered for months. The only time I got a reply, it was very vague “we do not know what we will do with Ambassador program” type, yet I see it is still going strong – just without me. It stings and I have to think if I still want to continue to support the brand who would play ghosting games and not be straight with me once asked head on. I have no time for shadiness, when I was nothing but loving and supporting towards them. That’s not the energy I want to bring into this year and my life going forward.



I have a few more blog posts on the way, Get Ready/Un-ready With Me kind of ones, where I will touch on more products and techniques in a more elaborate way, I'll include make up and bodycare too, because I am constantly asked about it - so please stay tuned xo





Please make my day and share this or any of my blog posts on social media - it helps to get the green beauty word out and for that I Thank You!


Follow me on 

my new blog Greenlifeindublin.com



(want to make my day? hit that "follow" button while you are there, thanking you!)




That's all for today. See you here very shortly!



Lots of Love,
Renata.
green life in dublin


No comments:

Post a Comment