Monday, July 3, 2017

Organii Everyday Organics Review




Hi Lovelies,




Welcome back! And welcome, if you are new here 💕💕💕



Organii Everyday Organics products


Today I am coming at you with a review of a very affordable organic brand that is Organii Everyday Organics. This is a relatively new brand, founded in 2014 - it caught my eye in Love Lula and I went on to purchase nearly everything they do via LLABP. I was really intrigued by affordability of them first and foremost, as I got so used to pay a pretty penny for my natural and organic bath and shower products, and wanted to see how do these goodies compare. 

I couldn't find too many reviews on this brand, and quick perusion of their website and the social media revealed very little about the company's background, and no mention of founder's name, and being naturally curious I sent them quick email inquiring about this, and the reply I got was this:

About the brand: Organii was launched as a personal care brand by Pravera, one of the UK's leading distributors in the natural and organic skincare & cosmetics sector. The brand has a collection of 28 products now including cream soaps, liquid soaps, shower gels, plasters, mouthwash, sun care, hand care, skin care and health care! Each product within the range is certified natural and organic; all the soaps and shower gels are ECOCERT1 certified, whilst the plasters carry the ICEA² logo. All products other than the plasters are also Certified Vegan.
About our founder (and a little more info on the brand!): Graeme Hume, Founder and MD of Pravera Ltd, developed the ORGANii brand when he spotted a gap in the market for stylish looking, high quality natural and organic products that offer value for money. He says: “I’ve always been passionate about bringing ethical, natural and organic brands to the UK and Irish market and it’s very exciting I’ve been able to use this experience to develop my own brand. ORGANii is a stylish range of everyday organic products at an affordable price point. My experience tells me that both retailers and customers appreciate certified natural and organic products that have a competitive price point, so I wanted ORGANii to tick those boxes.”

The soap and shower products come in a variety of fruity and floral fragrances, ranging from calming Lavender and energising Citrus to the more quirky bittersweet Liquorice and summery Strawberry. In addition, there is also a fragrance-free Soap Bar and Liquid Soap available in the range. The ORGANii plasters are completely unique and made from organic cotton and contain a natural adhesive, making it perfect for people with hypersensitive skin. Graeme Hume, Founder and MD of Pravera Ltd, explains: “There are currently no other brands on the market that offer certified organic cotton plasters, so our ORGANii plasters are truly different and unique. When you know that traditional plasters can contain synthetic plastics and glue, polyurethane (a synthetic resin) and even latex, which can irritate the skin, it is worth considering a more gentle and organic option."
 

I got their shower gels, mouthwashes, hand soaps - two of each, as well as a bar of soap and post sun cream. Everything you see in the picture above came under 50£, which is extremely affordable when it comes to organic products if you ask me. Almost all of their product come at under 6£ with the exception of their SPF products. And by the look of things they are coming out with two new products too. I was trying everything for the last couple of weeks and I am ready to come out with my two cents on the products - thankfully it is not skincare which takes at least six weeks testing daily - you know if you are into shower gel or mouthwash straight away.

Company's mission is to offer the consumer good value products with high integrity. Our products are sourced from similarly minded, ethical manufacturers who share our passion for all things natural and organic. Organii products must meet selected criteria including; effective formulas, value for money, products suitable for the whole family while looking good in any bathroom. They also need to be certified natural and organic with conscientious packaging. They do not claim to invent or innovate but they do promise to provide high quality, fairly priced products with integrity to the consumer.And I really appreciate it! Everything is EcoCert certified. They seem to be collecting many awards, like Green Parent, Natural Health and Beauty Shortlist ones, and to me it only confirms I am onto a good thing! They say many if not all of their products are from 100% plant based origin, meaning they are vegan, and their parfum sources are also 100% natural. As I already mentioned, and I am sure you find the same too, everything or almost everything in the green beauty world is costing a pretty penny, and that is one thing people just switching up from mainstream products point out - EVERYTHING IS SOOO EXPENSIVE! And at the beginning I found it too as well. Once you get used to it, it becomes the norm and you don't object to it anymore, but as I got so used to the higher prices so much, I wanted to test these cheaper options and compare. By the way, none of these products can be found in EWG Skin Deep Database, so I did the hard work for you and ran all the reports myself. It is a bit of time consuming process, but worth it for the peace of your mind. So let's dig in into the individual categories, shall we?



Organii Everyday Organics shower gel


Shower gel

I got two scents in fruity and refreshing Strawberry and Shea Butter scent. The packaging is really adorable, like a mini milk bottle, and you get 300ml of product. This is a vegan product. These were an instant hit in the house, and the strawberry one is almost gone by the time I am reviewing these products. The scents are very mild, not overpowering at all, so if you are really sensitive to scents, you might chance trying these products, or get their unscented versions of it, if they have it. PH of these products is 6 (please note I test with a ph strips and not the device). EWG report gave it a toxicity score of 4 (out of 10)


Ingredients:
INCI - aqua, pseudotsuga menziesii water*, ammonium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycerin, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, sodium chloride, parfum, sodium benzoate, lactic acid, potassium sorbate, benzoic acid
*ingredients from organic farming
99.5% of the total ingredients are from natural origin. 10.2% of the total ingredients are from organic farming.

Organii Everyday Organics liquid soap

Liquid soap

I got it in neutral and in citrus scents - and I have to say these are my second favourite products from everything that I got, these beauties are hard at work, one in the bathroom, one at the kitchen sink. I must admit they leave a bit of a film on the hands when I wash my hands with cold water, which is most times. I guess it is to be expected there's natural oils in the formula? I wanted to point this out so you would be in the known before buying this product, not after. Description says it is suitable for vegans. PH of this product is 9, so just like DrBronner's soap. And because of the alkaline ph and alcohol in it, I find them ever so slightly drying, but that is quickly remedied by a hand cream and Madara balm at night. But while DrBronner's is really drying my skin out, this liquid soap does that just so-so. EWG report came at 3, but it didn't recognize two of the ingredients, potassium Sunflowerseedate and strangely enough, alcohol denaturate.

Ingredients:
Aqua, potassium Sunflowerseedate*, Potassium Olivate*, Alcohol denat., Glycerin*, Potassium Citrate, Parfum, Limonene**, Citral**, Linalool**, Geraniol**, Citronellol**
*Made using organic ingredients
100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin. 17% of the total ingredients are from organic farming.




Organii Everyday Organics aloe mouthwash

Mouthwash

Again, I got it in pair, citrus one and eucalyptus one (at the moment that is all the variety they are offering) and I must admit I wasn't a big fan of eucalyptus one, which I opened first, but when I tried the citrus one, I found it much more palatable. The flavour starts out very mellow, and it intensifies as you swish, so I guess that eucalyptus in my mouth I found a bit too much, as it is not normally something I'd go for. In any product in fact, with the exception of essential oil to be used in winter for bronchitis and cough treatments. Citrus was much more my style. You get a whooping 500ml of product, so I see this lasting a really long time for us. PH of this product is 5. And EWG report came at 4.


Ingredients:
aqua (water), aloe barbadensis gel*, alcohol*, citrus medica limonum oil*, citrus aurantium dulcis oil*, citrus grandis oil* limonene, citral, geraniol, linalool, coumarin, sorbic acid, sodium benzoate, sodium dehydroacetate.
The website does not state the percentage of organic ingredients in this product.


Organii Everyday Organics Cream Soap and After Sun Cream


Almond Cream Soap with organic shea butter

I must admit I haven't used it yet, as I've plenty of shower gel, and I am thinking taking it on my upcoming trip, as not to have too many liquids on me, so I will have to come back and update you aftewards. PH of it came at 9 too, so I expect it to be slightly (or a lot) drying, but we have to wait and see. EWG report came at 3.

Ingredients:
(INCI) - Sodium Palmate***, Sodium Palm Kernelate***, Aqua, Glycerin***, Elaeis Guineensis Kernel Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter*, Perfum, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Linalool**, Benzyl Salicylate** Benzyl Alcohol**
*Ingredients from organic farming, **as component of essential oils, ***made using organic ingredients
99.9% of the total ingredients are from natural origin. 82.6% of the total ingredients are from organic farming.


After Sun Cream

I haven't had a chance to try this either, as after three lovely days of European heat wave was well and truly over in Ireland, and we are back to seemingly permanent rain and jackets. So it is fair to say I haven't had a chance to get my legs out or anything like it, aka no chance of testing this product yet. I am taking this product on my upcoming product too, so I will get back to you on this as well. I'll include the PH of the product then too, as for now it is sealed and I don't want to open it before I need it. EWG report says it is 4.

Ingredients:
INCI - aqua (water), aloe barbadensis gel*, cetearyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii butter*, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, parfum**, argania spinosa kernel oil*, glycerin, calendula officinalis flower extract*, tocopherol, lactic acid, benzyl alcohol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.

The description does not state the percentage of organic ingredients either.

(by the way, I have a very old blog post with delightfully bad pictures on all natural after sun care and DIY sunburn remedies, and I will link it here).



Organii Everyday Organics Organic Cotton Patches

Organic Cotton Patches

Umm, I have to be real here, half of the kiddies ones were used up for DrMcstuffins games before I could even taken a picture of it, so needless to say, these are a big hit in the house. And what's not to love? Organic cotton instead of that dreaded plastic bandage? Affordable price too, you get 50 of the "normal" adult ones or 20 colourful ones for the kids. Just take a leaf out of my book, check on the kids as soon as the house is quiet, not after 10 minutes of "nice and quiet time" - by then you might not have any of the patches left, lol. These hold up as any patch would, and I much rather will have organic cotton than plastic ones, thank you very much.









So that is all for today. Have you tried any of these product and what do you think?


Please like and share my posts on social media, it really helps to get the green beauty word out - and you will forever have my gratitude! Follow me on my new blog Greenlifeindublin.comBloglovin, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube. (someday I will start making YouTube videos, promise!)

 

Lots of Love,
Renata.








Disclaimer. Because I have to. For me it goes without saying, but you can't use my photos without my permission. I used to think it is obvious to everyone that blogger's photos are blogger's asset and belongs to the blogger, but after some recent events I will include this in my posts. I am happy to lend brands and websites to use them as long as I am credited for them. Not asking my permission before and not giving me photo credit after = not cool.




.

.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, fantastic article, I was a little concerned when I saw sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate and benzoic acid in the ingredient list for shower gel!
    I thought you might like to do a little bit of reading about it, so here are a few links to articles I thought would help.....
    http://naturallysavvy.com/eat/this-is-why-sodium-benzoate-is-so-scary
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/31559-potassium-sorbate/
    https://caloriebee.com/nutrition/Effects-of-Benzoic-Acid-and-Benzoates-in-Food-and-Medicines

    I hope this helps,

    Stay safe

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, I will surely read up on all this! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. Have a lovely day xo

      Delete