Monday, April 10, 2017

Natural Beauty Series - meet Linda (or Lindalu19)

 Hello Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕




Today I am continuing my Natural Beauty series, and I am so glad to present you with gorgeous Linda! I had to sit and think for a minute on how to present her to you - she is one fine woman who is kicking it at 60, and kicking it in style! I am hoping I can also use that hashtag on Instagram when the time comes :) Her videos on Youtube are always full of wisdom and funny stories, and so are her comments on my Instagram page - some of them have made me laugh for days. She is one compassionate human, and dare I say it, highly sensitive to others (it takes one to know one) - and I highly appreciate her extended hand during the hardest period in my life. She is also a contributor to a TeriMiyahira.com - and that explains a lot in itself - all I can say you all have to go and subscribe to her on all of her social media, I will leave the links at the end of this post. Are you ready for her interview? You are in for a treat :)


💕 Tell us a bit more about yourself? Name and where are you from?

Linda DePina Born and raised in Massachusetts, New England. I am a Mom of one, Grandmother of 2, Wife, 61 yrs old in June, a True Gemini, retired Police Officer/ Rape & Sexual Assault Investigator, college drop-out, Warrior, Survivor, Friend, Blogger/YouTuber, Yogi, Meditator, Mentor, Volunteer, Jokester, Champion of Human Beings, Vegetarian, Reader, Student of life, Swear like a sailor, Love like it's gone tomorrow!

The reason I started my blog/YT channel was because I craved connection with like minded individuals. In 2012 I filmed my first video and Ive been quite an irregular presence since then. I often become conflicted, between the increasing materialism associated with beauty blogging and my desire to use less/ love more. So, I struggle to find balance. As I do in life generally . In the summer of 2016 I switched to cruelty free and cleaner products. It was a natural progression from living a clean lifestyle and plant based diet. It seemed the logical next step.


💕 How has going natural and non toxic in your beauty regimen changed your overall health and beauty?

Going Green with my lifestyle in its entirety has changed my view on many things I once took for granted. In the past I purchased conventional products with any thought except efficacy and cost.

Now, that I know better= I do better. Shop discerningly and avoid media hype [as much as possible] Sometimes, still to this day, I get caught up in the frenzy of the "next greatest thing". Not going to lie!! I have seen and learned what animals endure to give us product and food and now, I cannot un-know the horror so I shop ethically.


💕 Three things that make you happy?

Three things that make me happy is too confining so I'll condense my answers. -1-PEACE! [mind, home, public, global] All of the above LOL I crave PEACE. 2- LITTLE THINGS, the small daily moments that make me smile on the inside as well as outside, [random acts of kindness-nature- children in their innocence, compassion.} 3- LOVED ONES expressing love and kindness to each other and random strangers. My grandchildren putting another persons needs before their own. Simply watching them become good hearted adults and knowing that I influenced that behavior in my own way - this makes my burst with gratitude and faith in the future.


💕 What is the best advice you've been given?

Best advice i've been given was regarding my worries about my newly teen-aged daughter many years ago. I was told to have faith that she will make good choices based on the fact that I had raised her { alone BTW} by building a"good foundation" I had done my job well for the past 18 years and now I had to let go and trust the foundation was solid. BTW, this advice came from a male friend who was single and had no children! How could he know anything about my situation? IDK! But, guess what? He was right, she is now 40 and amazing and best of all.

I married that man ! BOOM!! LOL


💕 What people inspire you?

People that inspire me are the everyday warriors that accomplish big and small victories everyday . You know who they are and they are ever where, Brainy, quirky, unusual people inspire me - i.e. Einstein, Eleanor Roosevelt, Maya Angelou, Pema Chodron, I'll stop here! Ha Ha Older women that are allowing themselves to age naturally and have the BALLS to embrace it!! HEROES


💕 What are your three (or five) can't-live-without-it beauty products? Pic please!

My cant be without products are, Tweezers, brow darkening pomade, sunscreen, Oils, UMA hair oil, Shea butter {raw}, Red Lipstick, Non-Toxic perfume






💕 Your best DIY recipe?

Best DIY, Baking soda mixed into a cleanser to add mild exfoliation and purification.


💕 What do you like and dislike about yourself?

I like my strength, loyalty, kindness, compassion, sense of humor. I dis-like my habit of procrastination, chronic anxiety, bouts of depression, and tendency to want to fix everything/ everyone.


💕 Your proudest achievement?

Proudest achievement is graduating from the Police Academy with highest honors, cuz the physical training was brutal on my "mature ' body LOL Notice I didn't choose the typical 'family " things cuz thats part luck, grace, and hard work. But this was all me fighting all them and I won.


💕 What are you currently reading?

Currently reading- too many things at the same time, as usual! Mostly non-fiction because my brain is always hungry for knowledge!




💕 What food do you like to cook/eat?

Favorite foods? easy !!! Kale/ Sweet potato Curry, Huge salads, and any stir fry with Broccoli. My happy food..


💕 Your guilty pleasure?

Guilty pleasures are always found in Ice Cream or Chocolate.


💕 Your top tips for being healthy and happy?

Tips for health & happiness? Self care rituals, eat clean, move your body, find your passion, laugh often and hard aka { tears streaming & belly aches]


💕 What scents excite you?

Exciting scents? Always incense, spicy, earthy, Casablanca Lilies [swoon], cut wood, clean babies, ocean's salty air, UMA hair oil [Intoxicating] !!!!!!


💕 What is your mantra in life?

Mantra for life -- Every morning is a new beginning, a chance to get it right.


💕 Favorite affirmation if you have one?

Affirmation -- Breathe, just breathe, Will any of this matter in a year? ALSO Start with baby steps and keep moving forward.


💕 What's your favorite beauty trend at the moment?

Favorite beauty trend is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! LOL I'm too old and smart for trends. Been there done that!!


💕 3 resources every girl needs..

3 resources we all need - trust your gut feelings, Google and the wisest elderly person you know. [ They have seen a lot and can tell you what is important]. Trust me on this!


💕 Once an week for my health...

1X per week I indulge is junk food! for my body and my brain. Sweets and mindless entertainment. It's a MUST !


💕 Crazy health idea that actually works?

Crazy health idea that works, Using a Neti Pot daily This is only thought of as crazy in the west but, normal hygiene in the east Just do it!


💕 What do you do to de-stress?

To de-stress I regularly give myself spa at home treatments, Walk outside in nature, meditate, spend time in my Sanctuary, spend time with kids and animals, visit with good 'real' friends.


💕 Last thing you do at night?

The last thing I do at night is contact my daughter and grandkids to tell them I Love Them, Kiss my husband & pray.


💕 Tell us a secret!

One secret about me. HA I have several LOL BUt, This is my third marriage but my one and only wedding. The whole traditional affair! at 42yrs mind you!! Shameless & Happy


💕 A few words to Green Life In Dublin readers?

Parting words - Laugh hard & often- Get outside and move your but - Notice the little things and mindfully embed them in your memory - Spend time with people who lift you up and eliminate the "emotional vampires" - limit social media or, loose your day down a bottomless rabbit hole - Don't take yourself so seriously - Learn how to say " Hell NO" when your gut tells you "something's wrong".


Thank you Renata

Thank you readers

Thank you to all the people, experiences, mistakes that have made me who I am

In Love & Light

Namaste


Lindalu19 aka Linda Depina







So, how did you guys liked the interview? Told you she is fabulous! Now, if you are not following her already, I will leave links to her below, so you can go and check her out - and say hi from me while you are there!





That is all for now,

Lots of love,

Renata.


P.S. Want to check out more Natural Beauties? Check out:











4 comments:

  1. Interesting interview and great to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a pleasure Renata. Thank you for inviting me and always know I'm on your side 💋💋💋💋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for taking part! That was fun and I am really glad to share it with my readers <3 <3 <3

      Delete