Monday, October 10, 2016

Natural Beauties - Meet Vita from Vita Lives Free


Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕




I thought it is about time to introduce you to the gorgeous Vita from Vita Lives Free - I am sure most of you don't need an introduction to her, but if you are not familiar with her, let me tell you you need to go and subscribe to her Youtube Channel right now! That is how we struck up this internet friendship, I commented on one of her very first videos and she complimented me on my username - I used to go by the name SleepyheadzzZZ on the internet for many years, before changing all my social media usernames to Green Life In Dublin to match my blog. So we chatted for many years ever since, and she is always gracious and helpful, she makes the best videos when it comes to your health, she is big on self healing, minimalistic way of life and natural beauty, I think you really need to go and check all of her videos like right now, straight after you will read her interview here of course :) I will leave links at the end of this post. She is a truly inspirational to me and I hope to God we can meet one day in real life too, I would love that very much! She is like sister I never had. Oh, and she has the cutest furry babies too :)

💕 Tell us a bit more about yourself? Why did you start your website and Youtube channel?
I quit my luxury retail career and was thinking what I could do instead. I wanted to change people's lives, to make a difference in the world somehow. At first, I was thinking of becoming a personal trainer, but then I decided to start a YouTube channel and my blog. Friends and family had been begging me to start a blog for a few years, but I didn't feel confident enough to face the world with my acne. When i finally cleared my skin, I felt like I was ready to share what I knew with the world. I decided to start overnight and never looked back.

💕 Is green beauty important to you and why?
Yes, of course. It's important for me because my skin and the whole body reacts badly to conventional chemical-laden cosmetics and skincare items. I really don't have a choice if I don't want to upset my skin badly. I also don't want to contribute to the pollution of our earth by buying chemical products. We can all make a difference by making conscious choices in our own home.

💕 Three things that make you happy?
My pets, seeing my husband next to me 24 days a day, climbing a mountain and basking in the euphoria with the most beautiful views and feelings of achievement.

💕 What is the best advice you've been given?
To not try to be liked by everyone. My husband is the one who gave this advice to me. I'm still learning, but I'm better and better at it every day.

💕 What people inspire you?
If you mean qualities of people, I'm inspired by charismatic, bold, honest, straight-forward, ethical, and intelligent people. if you're talking about certain people, my biggest inspirations come from Jessica Alba (the greatest businesswoman and actress of all times), Tony Robbins, Mimi and Alex Ikonn (my dream is to meet them in person one day).

💕 What are your three (or five) can't-live-without-it beauty products? Pic please!
My Sierra Bees lip shimmers, 100% Pure concealer, and 100% pure maracuja mascara.

💕 Your best DIY recipe?
At the moment I'm loving my fuller's earth mask: I mix 2 tsp of the clay with just enough water to form a paste, add a few drops of rosehip oil, and use it on my face when my skin is feeling oily and a little clogged (during TOTM for the example).

💕 What do you like and dislike about yourself?
I love my figure, my eyes, and my hair. I don't dislike things about myself because I find it counterproductive. Even if there was something I didn't completely like, I would ignore it, I wouldn't talk or write about it, until the thought left my mind completely. I've learned to accept myself from head to toe without criticism. It's the only body I have and the least I can do is love it unconditionally.

💕 Your proudest achievement?
Being featured in a New York Times article a couple of years ago. Here's the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/21/fashion/the-paleo-lifestyle-the-way-way-way-back.html?_r=0

💕 What are you currently reading?
I'm reading "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. A true classic and I'm loving every sentence of it.

💕 What food do you like to cook/eat?
Simple things that don't contain exotic or expensive ingredients and that don't take forever to cook. Almost anything will make me very happy if I can have a slice of my homemade sourdough bread with it. I love soups and I must have a serving or two every single day. Porridge is my staple in the mornings.

💕 Your guilty pleasure?
Pizza. We have this takeaway pizza place where the pizza base is fermented for 24 hours and it's so incredibly light and heavenly, plus it digests so well. Yummmm!

💕 Your top tips for being healthy and happy?
Take it one step at a time and don't burn yourself out. Be patient. Exercise every day even if it's just 5 minutes. Wake up super early, watch the sunrise every morning, and watch your happiness go through the roof. Embrace all the food groups but avoid processed foods. Try to stick to your native foods as much as you can: I doubt that your grandparents grew up eating quinoa, chia seeds, and acai bowls. Don't try to invent a bicycle! Just come back to your roots and you'll find your balance.

💕 What scents excite you?
Vanilla, almond, cinnamon, scent of the sea, the scent of a pine forest.

💕 What is your mantra in life?
Trying to be liked by everyone prevents you from being authentic. So be you!

💕 Favourite affirmation if you have one?
 I am becoming the best version of myself.

💕 What's your favourite beauty trend at the moment?
I don't follow trends, sorry. I simply follow what works for my body. :-)

💕 Once an week for my health..
I go hiking in the mountains for extra oxygen, vitamin D, and inspiration for the mind.

💕 Crazy health idea that actually works?
Nothing is crazy to me.

💕 What do you do to de-stress?
Meditate, flick through my favourite cooking magazines, read a book, drag my husband for walk, take a shower.


I hope you enjoyed my interview with Vita, now go and check her out, and say hi from me while you are there too :) Here is a link to her website:
http://vitalivesfree.com/

and her YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/vitalivesfree



That is all for now. take care!
Lots of Love,
Renata

No comments:

Post a Comment