Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Improve Your Health With Symprove

Hi Lovelies,



How many of you are taking probiotics? Be honest! Well, I was just like you, hearing all about them, but balking at the thought of having to take them on an everyday basis and the cost of it. In the last few years doctors started recommending that we do take it, and there is a serious reason behind it. I am pretty sure that it is the thing for me and my family. It helped me overcome my dermatitis and so much more than that. My husband, who is dead against all vitamins came down with the nasty stomach bug that was going on in his work. His co-workers were out for a week and he was back to his fighting form within two days, everyone was amazed and wanted to know what he has taken. Probiotics help myriad of symptoms and are needed for much of the body's functions. I really see the benefits of it and will continue to take it for the rest of my life. But let's start from the beginning, shall we?
 What are probiotics?
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called "good" or "helpful" bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy. They help with myriad of health conditions, like digestive problems, IBS, skin conditions, cancer, and so much more than that! Probiotics hold the key not just for better health and a stronger immune system, but also for healing digestive issues, mental health illness, and neurological disorders. I won't bore you with all the scientific stuff, you can find it out for yourself, all the info is out there, you can start with Wikipedia page, but I can only speak for myself and the experience I had.


Symprove contacted me via Instagram and kindly offered a 12 weeks program for me to try, and already knowing what a good thing probiotics are, I jumped at a chance. Today is my final week and I can give you my honest opinion about it. Symprove claim to be the only brand of probiotics that survives the harsh conditions of our stomach and makes it to the gut. You can read it all about it here.
Each bottle contains a weeks amount of probiotics, and once open you have to keep it in the fridge. Each morning you take a shot of probiotics and wait for ten minutes before eating or drinking anything else. I had mango and passion fruit flavoured one, and I have to be honest here, it is an acquired taste, it didn't faze me one bit, but some people might not like it? It is similar to kombucha in a way.  I find this is one area where you can't cut corners, where the price definitely reflects the quality. You want billions of bacteria per portion or capsule, not millions. Also pay attention how many strands of bacteria your chosen probiotics has, the more the better. Another minefield is whether or not probiotics will survive until they make their way to the gut. If you are clueless about it and which brand or product to chose, don't be shy and ask for the help choosing at your local health food store, that is exactly what shop assistants are for! I would advise not to go for those one shot yogurts you can find in the supermarkets, they are full of sugar, which undoes all the good work, and cheaper brands don't have anywhere nearly enough of the good stuff to make a difference.


So, how did I find it? Well, it is hard to measure if probiotics are doing anything, as it is internal job, it is not like make up or skincare where you apply and gauge to difference straight away! For me the biggest indicator that it is working was the normalized digestion, I used to go back and forth from constipation to diarrhea (sorry, TMI! I know! but at the same time it is hard to talk about gut otherwise) and I took it as "normal" as that was the way I grew up, but I thought long and hard about this, and I suddenly realised that it has been months since I had stomach cramps or constipation or any other tummy or digestion problems, and my tummy isn't bloated any more, although I have to say that giving up dairy and gluten plus wheat may have also contributed to this. One way or another, if it helps my digestion, and keeps dermatitis at bay, I will continue taking it!

What about you? Are you taking probiotics? What kind? And how was the experience for you?


P.s. You can get Symprove via their website, Amazon and if you are in Ireland, they sell in Nourish and via wholefoods.ie. You can also contact them at contact@symprove.com if you want to know more detailed information or to ask about retailers near you.

P.P.S. If you want super loaded probiotics, I mean with not only 16 strains of different probiotics, but ALSO with a mixture of 22 medicinal plants and herbs, I recommend Probiotic Power from Dutch Health Store



So that is all for now!
Lots of love,

Renata.




No comments:

Post a Comment