Sunday, June 12, 2016

Dermorganic Shampoo Review - My Holy Grail Shampoo

Hi Lovelies,

Today I am coming at you with something I should have reviewed long time ago. It's my favourite shampoo ever, and it is one of the few products I can't live without - please step forward Dermorganic Daily Conditioning Shampoo With Argan Oil!  I am using it for the second year running into a third, and I think that is sufficient time for testing the product, don't you think? Haha, I don't always test products for nearly three years (imagine that!) before posting a review on it, but today that's exactly the case :)

Dermorganic Shampoo Review

Dermorganic Daily Conditioning Shampoo with Argan Oil

Let's start from the beginning, shall we? Haircare was the hardest thing for me to switch, and I am sure many of you will agree with this! Even though my skincare and make up switch is going into sixth or seventh year straight, I am clean with my hair care for around four. I have tried many clean or cleaner shampoos since the start of the switch, of course I had, but none of them worked for me, they either gave me dandruff or dried out my hair or didn't do anything, full stop. As I worked in customer facing job at that time, in managerial position, so having crappy hair was not an option, so I flicked back and forth to the conventional shampoos for a couple of years until I read No More Dirty Looks book and learned that our scalp is the most absorbent place in our bodies. I also did some more research on the SLS and found out  that (it is in just about every conventional shampoo) is the same stuff that mechanics clean the gunk off the engines, the same stuff in your Fairy dishwasher liquid or your laundry detergent. It is cheap extremely harsh chemical that washes away all the oils and everything else. And it was exactly the stuff I was putting o my scalp?? Needless to say I was horrified and put brakes on the conventional shampoos and just about everything else from that moment. What happened next? Long story short, I spent two years having bad hair days, because I did a round two trying out all the clean shampoos I could find in the shops in Ireland, and lo behold, none of them worked. Let's just say there were A LOT of bun days when I was working.
So I had very little hope when I found this little beauty Dermorganic shampoo in TK Maxx. The label "made with 70% organic ingredients" caught my eye, and when I checked the ingredients, I was like, yes, you are coming home with me :) I was also very intrigued by the fact that it is made with facial cleansers, because up until then I haven't heard about any shampoo being made with facial cleansers, so I wanted to check it out for myself. I decided to leave matching conditioner and masque, because a) they had some ingredients I didn't like, if memory serves me correct, it was dimethicone, and b) they also came in 1 litre giant bottles, so I wanted to test drive the shampoo first. So I came home, I washed my hair and it was love at the first wash!! My hair was silky again! Nice again! Shiny again! No dandruff! No itchy scalp! What more can you ask for? I should mention that I have fine hair, but lots of it (enough for two people according to my hairdresser. It used to be oily at the roots, dry and tangly at the ends prior to the switch to clean products, now it is "normal".


Long story short I stocked up for years, it was a mad dash across all the TKMaxx branches in Dublin, and I was lucky enough to score three of them. I look for it every time I am in that shop, but they never came back sadly, so here is the not-so-good bit if you are from Ireland or Europe and want to try it - I don't think it is available here apart from online shops! If you know otherwise, please let me know, either in comments here or on my Instagram page. I was able to find it at Amazon and Strawberrynet.com but I didn't order from these yet. I should also mention that the ingredients list "fragrance", something that I am usually suspicious about, but since it didn't offend my nose nor my scalp I kinda overlooked it, because other than that it is truly great shampoo that I can say only good things about. I checked my Instagram feed to track when I opened my current bottle, and it is 38 weeks ago, and I am only halfway through! Fabulous or what? This shampoo is well worth the price, even if I will have to pay the damn custom fees when I will get it, it is well worth it. As far as I looked around online, the prices vary wildly, so make sure you do your homework, some e-tailers will charge you the same price for 300ml of shampoo, where in other places you get 1 litre for the same amount of money. Bear in mind the custom fees too, if you are not sure where the item ships from, email the e-tailer first, I know I paid the damned custom fees every time I ordered from strawberrynet. That was long time ago, and they reimbursed me, not sure if that is the case today. I should also add that I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week, so that is partly due to the fact that it is lasting so long. The texture is unlike many shampoos, it is thick and creamy, and that ties me nicely to the only con I can find - the pump stops working 1/3rd way into the 1 litre bottle, and not wanting to add water to it, I decant it into the glass jar and just scoop what I need with my hands.

Let's look at the ingredients, shall we?
Aqua/Eau/Water, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methyl Gluceth-20, Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Organic Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Rice Amino Acids, PCA, Panthenol B5, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance

The official gab, taken from their website:
Sulfate-Free DermOrganic Daily Conditioning Shampoo is made with skin cleansers that moisturize and strengthen salon-treated hair. Gentle on hair, scalp and skin, it creates a rich luxurious lather that makes other sulfate-free shampoos jealous.



  • Gentle sulfate-free formula
  • Safe for color-treated hair
  • The shampoo made with skin cleansers!
  • Revitalizes and enlivens
  • Rich luxurious lather that makes other sulfate-free shampoos jealous
  • Enriched with Omega-6, Panthenol B5, Rice Keratin and Antioxidants
  • Made with Argan Oil of Morocco
  • Vegan
  • No Animal Testing
  • No Artificial Preservatives
  • Sulfate-Free and Gluten-Free
  • No Sodium Chloride, Salt, MEA, DEA or Dyes
  • Paraben-Free and Propylene Glycol-Free
  • pH Balanced 4.5-5.5
  • Made with Argan Oil of Morocco

  • I have to say I agree with all the claims, this is the best gamble of my life, so so glad I picked it up!
    For me it works so great, that I don't need any conditioners at all, my hair actually look worse if I try to use any. Isn't that sign for how great this product is?
    This shampoo is the best I have tried to date, I have had a sample of Rahua shampoo and it is great, but have you thought about how much it costs for a litre of it?
    .
    P.s. I am testing some more shampoos loved by the green beauty community in the form of Josh Rosebrook Balance shampoo and conditioner and 100%Pure Burdock and Neem one, reviews are in the line, so stay tuned!


    So that is all for now :) What shampoo is your favourite? Have you tried Dermorganic? How was the experience for you? Please share with me!

    FOLLOW ME ON:

      BLOGLOVIN

    INSTAGRAM

    TWITTER

    PINTEREST

    FACEBOOK

    YOUTUBE

    CHECK OUT MY AMAZON

    SEE MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS

    Follow me on my new blog www.greenlifeindublin.com


    Lots of love,
    Renata.





    3 comments:

    1. Oh I haven't heard of this brand before! 2+ years' use is certainly a good recommendation! I've used the 100% Pure Burdock + Neem shampoo & conditioner and I really liked it. I'm currently using their Moisture Drench formula and it's working really well for my hair. I don't know what kind of access you have in Ireland (I'm from the States) but I really like all of the Acure hair care sets I've tried, as well as the ones from Andalou Naturals.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Yes I have heard many great things about these two brands, and trust me, I am dying to try everything from them! It is just as you have guessed, we don't have them in the EU, so coupled with the high shipping costs as well as damn custom fees, I'd pay almost triple price for them, and that is exactly the reason I leave the products more often than not. (you have to be really sure the product will work for you to buy this way). And I can only import stuff for 22€ to avoid custom fees, and that has to include the shipping, unbelievable, right? Bring back those carefree shopping days I say :)

        Delete
      2. Hi - It's me the Free Range Diva! I also LOVE Dermorganic and have been using it for almost 2 years. I also first found it at TJ Maxx but they don't seem to have it over here anymore, either. I bought my last set of the shampoo & masque from Amazon and it was easy, peasy (and inexpensive, too). I was worried about the quality (that I might get a fake bottle or something) but it was perfect! So glad you found such a great product and wishing you many great hair days! xoxo, Cheryl

        Delete